Call for Journey Home Board At-Large Members
The Mayor’s Office of Human Services is establishing a Journey Home Board and is seeking applications for two (2) At-Large Member positions to join the Board in January 2014. The purpose of the Journey Home Board is to increase community-wide commitment, collaboration, planning, and capacity to make homelessness rare and brief in Baltimore. The Board will establish the approaches, strategies, and policies for the implementation of the Journey Home Plan. To accomplish this work, the Board needs community support and participation.
At-large Board members will serve with a range of community stakeholders, including public housing, homeless service providers, mental health agencies, hospitals, faith-based organizations, and businesses, among others. Board members are expected to participate in the following ways:
- Serve a two-year term, beginning in January, with the option to serve a second term
- Participate regularly in Board meetings, which will generally occur quarterly
- Lead and/or participate in at least one Board workgroup with the option to participate in more
- Engage in fundraising activities to support for the Journey Home Plan, which can include participating in the perennially exciting Journey Home benefit
- Help craft and implement the first-ever Journey Home Board strategic priorities
- Represent the Journey Home as its ambassadors to the larger community in Baltimore City and throughout Central Maryland
- Advocate for policy changes that will advance the Journey Home and build public awareness generally about homelessness and the Journey Home
A nominating committee, appointed by the Mayor, will review At-Large member applications and select candidates to invite to participate on the Board by the end 2013.
If you are interest in serving on the Journey Home Board as an At-large Board Member, you are encouraged to apply by Dec. 4th, 2013 at 12:00PM.
Click here to download the application